A typical Hong Kong SEO agency nowadays is expected to perform more or less as an integrated marketing agency that can handle many more marketing activities from planning to executive. The areas that the HK agency must cover may include:
- Optimization of websites with the responsive design and mobile friendly approach
- Social media marketing – Creative ideas, planning and execution
- SEO campaign and PPC campaign – Strategic planning and execution, especially local SEO and local PPC for the Hong Kong market
- Email marketing through using some CRMs
- Content marketing that can support multiple traffic channels including social media, search engines, and more to reach the local audience
Many Hong Kong small business owners may be sitting with a website that was designed back 10 years ago. Having a badly designed website isn’t the end of the world. But having a website that does not comply with responsive design and is not adaptive to the mobile friendly requirements from search engines may be deadly to both user experience and traffic growth. The simple solution is to restart a new site through the use of WordPress which is a free platform for building most of today’s small business websites.
Solid plans are required to cover the daily operations in all the different social media sites in order to manage multiple accounts across for example Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, and even a few industry specific forums. Some local Hong Kong companies may have started to gather user traction in their own Facebook groups. Having an agency who possess the staffs and ability to manage such groups/communities is important. Groups and/or communities are great places to show your company has the ability to do well with customer service/support. Also, they are places where many brands (before they grow into larger brands) can gather feedback from their users and customers for more improvement.
Besides the above ability, the qualified internet marketing agency should have the following:
- A proven track record
- Creative and knowledgeable founder and staffs
- Ability to do well with communication
- Being flexible and adaptive for fast changes (especially from marketing or external environments)
- Ability to offer a diverse range of services – It has been said the importance of be SEO savvy and at the same time being integrated
Another aspect that hasn’t been mentioned is the budget that the client company possesses – All businesses would look at the return on investment (ROI). At the end of the day, the agency may be able to produce the highest service level, but all may be way too expensive for any small business in Hong Kong to afford. Agencies need to work out a plan that is readily suitable for the small business clients.