According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), traumatic brain injury (TBI) can affect everyone from children to adults. Most are mild and those who experience a TBI recover quickly. However, there are times that a TBI can last for days, months, or even years with irreversible damage. When this happens, lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses can pile up quickly.
Symptoms of TBI
Currently, severely debilitating brain injuries affects over five million Americans. Those that are afflicted experience lifelong disabilities and even death. There are four areas that are generally affected by a TBI. Some people experience one, two, or even all of these symptoms. No symptom should be ignored after a TBI.
- Thinking and Remembering – Difficulty thinking clearly, concentrating, or remembering new information along with feeling slowed down are common symptoms that affect this area of the brain.
- Physical – Some common symptoms include headache, blurry vision, nausea, dizziness, problems with balance, light or noise sensitivity, and feeling listless or having no energy.
- Emotional/Mood – Changes in mood, irritability, sadness, nervousness, and anxiety are some common symptoms of changes in emotions
- Sleep – Excessive sleeping, trouble sleeping, or trouble falling asleep can be common problems after experiencing a TBI.
Please seek immediate medical attention if any of the following dangerous signs appear after experiencing any type of head injury:
- Confusion, restlessness, or agitation
- Convulsions or seizures
- Loss of consciousness
- Pupils of different sizes
- Trouble recognizing places or people
- Unusual behavior
Then, contact the legal experts at Ronemus & Vilensky in New York City.
Ronemus & Vilensky
The extremely experienced and knowledgeable attorneys at Ronemus & Vilensky fight for their clients who are under pressure from medical bills, lifelong treatment, lost earning ability, along with pain and suffering. Millions of dollars have been awarded to clients to cover the mounting costs that arise from TBIs.
For example, a 26-year-old physics student enrolled in college, who was working as a model, actress, and executive assistant, was in a NYC taxi when hit by another car. Her head hit the plexiglass divider and she was quickly treated and released from the local hospital. However, she continued to suffer from headaches and cognitive difficulties. Upon her return to the hospital, it was found that she had slight bleeding of the brain.
After returning to school, she struggled for three semesters to comprehend what the professors were teaching and had to stop just three classes shy of obtaining her degree. She sought help from Ronemus & Vilensky who ultimately took the case to a jury. In the end, the jury awarded this client $10.8 million for lost earnings, future medical costs, and pain and suffering.
As a member of the Brain Injury Association of New York, Ronemus & Vilensky is ready to help you or a loved one who has suffered from a traumatic brain injury.
Ronemus & Vilensky, New York City’s premier traumatic brain injury lawyers have recovered millions of dollars for clients who are victims of TBIs caused by acts of violence or accidents. Contact the company to speak with a highly-qualified and compassionate personal injury attorney who will evaluate your case and help you go forward with the best course of action.